Announcement on Applications for 2017 July Semester
Organized by the Japan Foundation Cairo Office and Alexandria
Applications by new students for the 2017 July Semester will be suspended, and this semester will be held only for the JF Language Course students currently enrolled.
Please wait for applications for the next semester which will start in December.
Basic Japanese Language Course
2017 January Semester
Organized by The Japan Foundation Cairo Office
3 years to finish basic course (Level 1 ~ Level 6/ 6 semesters)
Duration: 15th January, 2017 – End of May, 2017
Place: Pharos University, faculty of languages and translation, 1st floor, room D130
Levels: There will be 3 levels only this semester (2, 4 and 6)
Classes: Twice / week
Days & Fees:
- Level 2: Sun. & Weds. 420 L.E
- Level 4: Sun. & Wed. 760 L.E. (Including Text fees)
- Level 6: Mon. & Thu. 432 L.E.
* There will NOT be level 1, 3 and 5 this semester.
* Any class must be more than 5 students to start; if not then we’ll cancel the class and refund the fees
* Teachers for level 2 and 4 are Egyptian and Japanese. For level 6: Teachers are Egyptians.
* Every class is from 6:00p.m to 8:10p.m
*All the new applicants should have an interview (in Japanese) for screening and take placement test.
*For any student would like to take the placement test and have interviewed please send an email to (firstname.lastname@example.org) mentioning his/her Full name, Age and the level you would like to apply for.
*Deadline for sending the email is 30th December.
Placement test and interview (For level 2, 4 and 6)
4th January (Wednesday) 16:00 – 18:00
- Applicants should be over 15 years old.
- You will need a Self-Proving (Ex: ID) to be able to enter the university.
- Pharos University has 2 entrances; please enter from the students’ entrance. (in front of Alexandria Pediatric Center)
*Results will be sent by email on 5th January.
** Telephone inquiry regarding the result of the screening will NEVER be accepted.
Registration and paying the fees:
- On 8th and 9th of January (15:00 ～ 19:00)
- For Students who passed the interview and the placement; please bring 5 L.E. for application form, 2 photos (3cm x 2.5cm), and a pen.
The Japan Foundation Alexandria Office.
Facebook Group: facebook.com/japaneseinalex